This Austrian sanatorium, founded by two doctors, Hugo Kraus and Arthur Baer, was built in 1903 and abandoned since 2002. It was famous but now, the place is damaged without really interest. During many years, the sanatorium was used for patients suffering from tuberculosis and was requisitioned by Nazis in April 1938. The sanatorium was used as a factory with the goal of raising the birth rate of “Aryan” children by the organization “Lebensborn e. V.”. Lebensborn encouraged anonymous births by unmarried women, and mediated adoption of these children by likewise “racially pure and healthy” parents. In 1951, the place was modernized with the building of a miniature golf course, a bowling and a sauna. These new equipments are the reasons of the bankruptcy with too much costs. The place was finally used as a spa and as a nursing home and then as a hotel.
Urbex Session don’t give out or swap locations.
These items on Amazon might you be interested in:
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Last, First (Author)
- 242 Pages - 11/20/2005 (Publication Date) - Infilpress (Publisher)
- 192 Pages - 08/01/2010 (Publication Date) - Gingko Press (Publisher)