Mennechet Castle was built during the late nineteenth century in the city of Chiry-Ourscamp in Picardie. The castle was designed in 1880 to receive the artworks of Alphonse Mennechet of Barival: it paintings, sculptures and ceramics. He wanted to open a museum with the construction of a gallery in the castle. But Mennechet died in 1903 at ninety years old and the castle museum was not completed. The paintings were then donated to the city of Saint-Quentin. During the First World War and the Second World War, the castle was damaged and never restored. Important work of cleaning were carried out in 2008 under the leadership of the new owner.
Urbex Session don’t give out or swap locations.
Choose one of your favorite art prints amongst these photos here: https://marie-et-raphael.com
These items on Amazon might you be interested in:
- Bagans (Author)
- 448 Pages - 11/15/2019 (Publication Date) - For Dummies (Publisher)
- Grenville, Robert (Author)
- 224 Pages - 07/20/2017 (Publication Date) - Amber Books Ltd (Publisher)
- Ten Bouwhuijs, Martin (Author)
- 176 Pages - 11/28/2013 (Publication Date) - Schiffer Publishing Ltd (Publisher)