This complex was built in the end of the 19th century. Over 25 years, more than 100,000 patients were treated here, mostly for tuberculosis. During the 1st and 2nd World War, the complex was used as military hospital for the German army. Adolf Hitler was treated there for an injured leg in 1916. Some parts of the complex were destroyed during the war. After the WWII, the Russians took over the buildings and used it as their own military hospital, it became the largest military hospital outside of Russia. In 1994, the last patients left the clinic. This complex is now abandoned and a famous place to visit for urban exploration. Movies have been filmed there: Valkyrie, The Pianist, and Sick House.
Urbex Session don’t give out or swap locations.
These items on Amazon might you be interested in:
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Last, First (Author)
- 242 Pages - 11/20/2005 (Publication Date) - Infilpress (Publisher)
- 192 Pages - 08/01/2010 (Publication Date) - Gingko Press (Publisher)