The “red castle”, an abandoned retirement home for elderly people. It was built in 1889 and after the WWII, it was converted into a luxurious hotel which closed in 2009 for financial reasons. We could see beautiful photos of this place but after to be used by the police for training exercises and for airsoft games, it was stripped. Most of the contents were destroyed and doors removed.
An abandoned school in Belgium, in the center of a little city. No one will return for classes to this school, no student anymore. This abandoned and decaying school is out forever. We explored this abandoned building early in the morning because we slept in our car near the school to be ready for a discreet expedition. Hope you will enjoy these photos as we enjoyed this exploration.
An abandoned villa where it remains a lot of things from its past. It’s been abandoned for many years now. We were very happy to find a lot of things to discover the life of the owners. Villa abandonnée en Belgique, une belle exploration. #urbex #belgium #abandonedhouse #exploration #urbanexploration Une photo publiée par An Abandoned World ☢️⛔️⚠️ (@urbexsession) le 2 Juil. 2016 à 13h56 PDT Villa abandonnée en Belgique. La montée royale. #urbex #abandonedhouse #belgium #exploration #urbanexploration Une photo publiée […]
This convent, built in 1910, was abandoned in 2002. After the World War I, the nuns transformed the place in a retirement home but problems with standards compliance condemned the place. During our exploration, we noticed the decay of the place. On the first floor, the ground is partially collapsed. We found several vestiges as beds, TVs, wheelchairs and the chapel is still intact
This high school, abandoned in the 1990s, is gorgeous. Despite a poor facade, inside it is majestic with a splendid glass roof. Located in a Belgian big city, the place is often vandalized, plundered and squatted. A project of rehabilitation was announced a long time ago, not started for the moment. Lycée abandonné en Belgique, un des plus beaux spots explorés. #urbex #abandonedbelgium #abandonedschool #urbanexploration #decay Une photo publiée par An Abandoned World ☢️⛔️⚠️ (@urbexsession) le 4 Juil. 2016 à […]
The castle of Noisy is a big attraction for any urban explorers. A place known all over the world because this magnificent castle is mysterious. A demolition is planned for several years, the place was a summer camp for children and a person not very tactful kept a closely eye on it. Regularly in the news, we saw the guard of the place who intimidated people crossing the line with a gun. The dilapidation of the place leads us to not believe in a bright future for […]
In the countryside, few meters before the entrance of the village, we found this small flashiness house. Inside nothing moved, at any moment we had the impression to see an elderly person living here but there was nobody, only spiders. In this kind of abandoned house, we didn’t know why everything remained like that, a way to have a wild imagination.
Doel is an abandoned village in Belgium in the East Flanders at 30 kilometers from Antwerp. In the early 70s, Doel had a population of around 1,300. Apart from a nuclear power plant, because of the port’s northbound expansion plans, the authorities proclaimed a « house building freeze », obliging people to leave the village in 1999. In spite of actions by protest groups and local politicians, the Flemish regional government signed the village’s death. In 2015, there are now around 10 […]
Pedophile child-killer Marc Dutroux is considered among the most evil criminals in the history of Belgium. We explored his house in 2014, several years after its crimes. With surprise, we found several personal effects. The atmosphere is heavy inside, a difficult exploration because we feel uncomfortable. Located in the heart of a small Belgian village, this house remained a sad vestige.
This castle was built in 1881 and was occupied by the Nazis during World War II. It was renovated and used as a residence for many high-ranking officers. After the War, the castle was taken over by the Belgian Air Force and used again as an officers’ residence until 1996 when it was abandoned.